Monday, April 21, 2008

Summertime Temperatures

This weekend we were blessed with temperatures in the middle to high twenties. For anyone familiar with Canadian weather this is rare in April! So we made the most of it and got a lot of yard work and tidying up done. I purchased some pansies and got those planted in pots yesterday afternoon - so pretty! I have always loved pansies as they remind me of my grandparents and my childhood. We do not plant in the ground until after Victoria day as the risk of killing frost is too great until after that, but it is hard not to want to get it all going when it is so beautiful outside! I also got my front porch ready for the season. That is where we spend quite a bit of time as it is shady and cooler there. We have a porch swing which is one of my favorite places to curl up and read or just relax. When the bushes that surround the porch have all their leaves it is very private. Some of the joys of the warmer weather. ~smile~

Here are a few pictures of my pansies. They will fill out soon! The cookie jar was found in the house where we found Milton's letters. I thought it was too cute to be tossed out and it is just right for some flowers.




Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: