Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Crazy Tuesday!


Wow! Today was off to a wild start. I got up this morning and was puttering around and decided to go and put on a load of laundry. To my surprise my laundry room had an inch of water in it. Upon inspection I discovered another room that was flooded as well. That rain I was hoping would melt the snow did just that - unfortunately we got ALOT of rain and it melted ALOT of snow and that caused the flooding. I expect many, many other families in this area are dealing with the same thing. I am just so grateful that the finished room was not wet and the large amount of musical equipment (My hubby's, son's and all his band member's)was unharmed. I do need to call my Mum and see if she had anything important in the trunk that is now quite wet. We have been storing some of their things since their move out west. I pray other families are not suffering major loses or damage.

Then I picked up the phone to call my hubby and see what I should do about this water issue and discovered that I have no dial tone. So I am currently waiting for the telephone repair man. The machine that I talked to this morning told me I had an appointment on "Tuesday April the first between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m." ~smile~ It's good to know that I have an appointment!

So my little monkeys were a little wound up and we couldn't go for our walk but they had a good time emptying every last toy out of the toy box and playing in it! Even the littlest one refused his morning nap and joined in. I was pleased that he was in such good humour as his Daddy said he was up for three hours during the night. That is one time I am glad that the little ones go home at the end of the day when I hear that they were up all night.

One perk of having to stay in this morning is that I was able to make the 4 sausage and potato casseroles I needed to make for tonight. Three are for a get together tonight that I volunteered to provide food for and the other is for our dinner. This is one of my hubby's most favorite meals and I couldn't make it for the church and not for him! So that is all done and behind me. I even have the kitchen all back in order! ~smile~ So to spite the rocky start this day is turning out very well.

God is so good!

I did get some sad news today however. Two of my little monkeys...siblings, won't need full time care anymore as their Mommy got a new job and won't work many weekdays. They will only need maybe one to two days a month. I have looked after the oldest my little "monkey bum" since she was 10 months old and she is now almost 5 and her little sister "chickie poo has been here since she was 10 months old and she is now almost 3. This is a tough one for me. They have been such a huge part of my life for so long. This is going to leave a big hole in my heart since I love them like they were my own but at least they will be here once in a while. Unless I get called to take full time ones to fill their spaces. ~sigh~ Sometimes this job is very hard.

Anyway, I better go check on the basement situation!

I hope you are having a good day!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: