Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lots To Do


Well life around here is never dull! Today I had a surprise inspection from the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Every year the agency I work for is re licensed and they surprise a few childcare providers with an inspection since I am a licensed home daycare that means they can choose me. This is the second time I have been visited since I started doing this. It went well and I am pleased it is over for another year. It is a bit unnerving wondering if you will be inspected at anytime.

This afternoon I have a man coming to test our water for lead....odd since our pipes were just broken by a road crew and replaced and as a result our water was extensively tested last year, however it is a government thing that is going on in the area. I called the municipality to make sure. I know I am paranoid but it seems that there are so many people pretending to be someone else these days. The lady I spoke to said that it was a good idea to call since you just never know she was very helpful and told me that the man would have identification saying he was from the municipality and that I should ask to see it anytime someone comes - good to know. I do live in a small town and while we have no where near the crime rate a city would have there have been murders, home invasions, break-ins and rapes in our area.

Anyway, I am in the process of making the sauce for the two lasagnas I am making tomorrow, I will also grate all the cheese so all I will have to do is assemble and bake them. I am making one for my family for dinner and one to take to the church. Tomorrow night the president of a near by Bible college is coming to do his comedy routine so we will need to provide dinner for him and his crew. I will also be baking two blueberry pies for tomorrow this afternoon. One for home and one for dessert at the church. I already brought my cookies over for the fellowship time after the show so I am almost done! My friend Nancy is also making a lasagna and she is baking an apple pie this afternoon for dessert at the church. Another lady is making a Caesar salad and preparing rolls and a few others are also bringing cookies. It should be a really fun night.

Well, I guess the pies won't be baking themselves so I better get at it! ~smile~

Happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: