Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Best Way to Wash Windows


I thought I would share the best way I have found to wash windows. My mother in law taught me to do them this way and I have done mine like this ever since.

You need a large bowl or small pail filled with hot soapy water - use dishsoap.
Two rags, window cleaner or a spray bottle with vinegar and water and paper towels. I usually use vinegar and water since it is less expensive and environmentally friendly.

First you wash the windows, frames and sills with the soapy water, then you dry it with the other rag and finally spray with window cleaner and wipe off with paper towels.

This may seem like alot more work that just using the window cleaner but it really is much easier as you clean the frames and sills at the same time and you don't end up with any streaks as the dirt is washed away with the soapy water. The window cleaner then removes any soapy residue and shines the glass.

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

I'll have to remember this tip when we clean before moving. I confess: I have never washed the windows in our current home. Yikes!!

Liisa said...

It works really well! You are more ambitious than I am - I confess I have never cleaned the windows of a house I was moving out of and I only do the ones here twice a year unless they really need it!

Blessings,
Liisa