Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dutch Apple Pie

I made a dutch apple pie for dessert tonight which is one of my son's favorites. I actually meant to make it the other day but sometimes life has a way of just getting away from you!

Here is the recipe is you would like to try it.....

Dutch Apple Pie

7 apples peeled, cored and sliced thin
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
6 tbsp. butter

- Mix sugar and cinnamon with apples and pour into pie shell.
- Cut butter into flour and sugar. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.

I debated about sharing these pictures as you can see that with a house full of little monkeys you can't always get to the oven when the timer goes off so my pie is a little over browned - however that is real life around here so here are the pictures!



Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Sounds yummy--I love apple pie!

Liisa said...

I love it too! Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,
Liisa