Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Busy Weekend


This weekend was quite busy but good! Saturday my son and I dropped off my hubby for an overnight fishing trip, then we roamed the country side shopping and exploring. It was really nice to have that time alone with him - those days are getting fewer and farther between as he gets older. We stopped by one of the farms I mentioned in my last post and picked up some eggs. I got 8 dozen so I would have some to share with a few of the ladies here that haven't been able to get any for awhile. I was so ashamed of the state of my house after seeing how spotlessly clean the Mennonite lady's home was that I spent the rest of the afternoon scrubbing down our house! ~smile~

Then I made some ribbon napkin rings for the upcoming banquet at our church while I watched a movie with my son and his friend and it was off to bed!

Yesterday I baked some rye bread and a cinnamon swirl loaf for lunch, went to church and enjoyed a fantastic time of worship, prayer and fellowship, with a wonderful sermon on trusting the Bible as truth. Afterwards I enjoyed lunch with my sister, nephew, mother in law and my son and his friend. We had tuna salad on rye, with two soups to choose from -butternut squash and chicken noodle (both were in my freezer so all I had to do was pull them out in the morning and heat them up right before we ate). This was followed by cinnamon swirl loaf and coffee.

Then I took my mother in law to a nearby town to do some shopping and came home, had a rest and then my hubby came home just in time for dinner. We had his favorite - Korean Beef. It is an easy recipe but very yummy! We have it often.

Here is the recipe in case you would like to give it a try. It comes from the Betty Crocker Good and Easy Cookbook.

Korean Beef

1 lb. beef, cut in bite size pieces or small strips.
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 medium green onions finely chopped - I usually just use a cooking onion diced.
2 cloves garlic chopped
Hot cooked rice

Mix all ing. except rice in a medium glass or plastic bowl. Stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Drain beef; discard marinade. Heat 10 in. skillet over med. heat. Cook beef in skillet until browned and cooked through.

Serve over rice.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: