Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wonderful Weekend!

This weekend was a very busy one but it was wonderful! It really began Thursday. I went to our church Thursday night to help set up tables and chairs for the Christmas dinner Saturday, it is amazing how even that can be fun when you are with your friends!

Friday my hubby came home after being gone most of the week....yippee! I just dread him being away and am always overjoyed when he is back home. I did some baking for the Christmas dinner - molasses crinkles, snowballs and nonpareils then I went to the church and decorated two bulletin boards for the season. That evening one of his friends came over to visit with him so I was able to go over to my sister's store and help her hand out hot chocolate to people watching the Christmas parade - it was a lot of fun. The parade is an annual town event and makes you feel like a kid again.

Saturday I made coleslaw for 120 people and brought it, my baking and some decorations over to the church. I spent all day Saturday in the church kitchen helping to prepare the dinner. We have a Christmas dinner every year. It is so much fun and is free to anyone who would like to come. The fellowship with ladies in the kitchen as we work side by side is one of the highlights of the event for me. Another highlight this year was Rev. Schwindt who performed for us after dinner. He played the violin, mandolin and his "converted whiskey bottles". He is truly a man of God and it just radiates from him. Have you ever met someone like that? I pray I will be that kind of person! He presented the gospel in a no nonsense way and I know that at least one person's life was changed last night! Praise the Lord!

Here are a few pictures from the dinner........



Lynda our Pastor's wife leading some carols.
Eunice accompanying Lynda.
Pastor Dan welcoming everyone.
Rev. Schwindt playing his "converted whiskey bottles"

Rev. Schwindt playing his mandolin.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!
Blessings,
Liisa



No comments: