Thursday, December 27, 2007

Boxing Day

Well, it wasn't quite this bad when we went shopping yesterday but there were alot of people out. We went to a near by city and picked up a few things. My hubby got a much needed new pair of shoes and I got two new pairs. I was so excited! The Bay had a great sale on....everything that was clearance priced was buy one get one free! (perhaps it is an all week sale I'm not sure) I don't normally shop at The Bay as it is mostly out of my price range but I was able to find two really cute pairs of shoes that were clearance so one pair was free..... I also didn't have to pay p.s.t. because they were under $30. Yep two really cute pairs of shoes for under $30! I guess I should mention that I buy most things second hand but hadn't been able to find a pair of shoes, my hubby REALLY disliked the pair I usually wear and I had been putting off buying some so it was such a blessing to be able to get such a good deal on these ones and he really likes them!

I read Laine's letters all the time...I never get tired of reading and rereading them! She says that she always prays that God will guide her and give her direction when she shops. I often do this as well and I am always amazed. Often when second hand shopping I will suddenly find something that we really need that I have been putting off buying because it costs too much. These shoes were one of those surprise finds because I was just browsing through the store and stumbled (almost literally ~smile~) onto this stack of clearance shoes. He knows what we need before we even ask. If you look for God in the little things in life you will find Him there guiding and directing you and providing for your needs.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: