Sunday, December 2, 2007

Rainy Sunday

Today has been a cold and rainy day. The weather is actually quite crazy. We awoke this morning to a ton of snow and when we went to bed last night we didn't have any. At noon the rain began and it has been raining all day. Tonight there is a snow squall warning and we could see 10 - 20 cm. tomorrow. So strange.


It has been a good day to spite the weather though! My son and a gentleman he is very fond of did the advent reading at church this morning which was so nice. Then after the service our pastor and his wife offered to drive my sister and I to the official "It's all about Dave Day". Dave is our friend I mentioned the other day who is suffering from brain cancer. His wife is an amazing woman. She decided to throw an open house and anyone who wanted to visit with Dave was invited to come over. She had a ton of food prepared and we had a wonderful time visiting with her and Dave and the absolute ton of people that came to see them. They are much loved.


When we got home I decided to make some nonpareils. I had been going through my Christmas books last night planning the things I wanted to do this season and the recipe was in one of the books. These little treats were my favorite when I was younger so I was quite excited to try making them myself. Here is what they looked like after I added the sprinkles.......




For dinner tonight we had steak, baked potatoes with sour cream, fresh green beans and mushrooms and onions fried in garlic butter. This is one of my guys favorite meals.
Now I am off to tidy the kitchen and relax with my hubby before the start of another busy week!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: