Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow Day!


I love snow. I am one of the few people I know who have winter as one of their favorite seasons. I was noticing that my music selection reflected my desire for snow....Let it Snow....Winter Wonderland.... Well we definitely have a winter wonderland now!


We got the snow squalls they promised and then some! The roads surrounding our town are all closed today and it is the second day my hubby hasn't been able to make it to work and the schools are all closed. It is a bit wild outside at the moment. Oh the weather outside is frightful.....


I am so grateful for a home where I can spend these days with my family snug and warm while the snow flies and the wind howls. I am also grateful that I am able to be home full time. I spent too many years driving in all kind of horrible weather wondering if I would be able to make it back home again. Longing to be here. Missing my family. Worrying about my son when I was at work. Thinking of all the things I needed to do at home or was hoping to be able to do for my family. I always felt like I was running some kind of horrible race and could never quite catch up. I came home full time five ago and I have never longed to be away from it again! So now here I sit my hubby has just come in from blowing out the driveway and shovelling the walks and I was able to bring him a hot cup of flavored coffee and his favorite breakfast. My son is sleeping in and when he wakes up I will be here to spend his snow day with him, make him some breakfast and bake some treats we can enjoy later this afternoon. What a blessing. Thank you Lord!


Enjoy your day!

Blessings,

Liisa

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Snow day! It sounds like pure heaven to enjoy indoors whilst outside is so cold. Thank you for your lovely comments on my christmas cake.... I hope you all have a wonderful time drinking coffee and staying warm!

Happy Christmas
Priscilla x

Liisa said...

Thank you Priscilla it has been a wonderful day! I hope yours was good as well.
Blessings,
Liisa