Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cyber Cookie Exchange



Mrs. Wilt at The Sparrow's Nest is hosting a Cyber Cookie Exchange . I am so excited! I love new cookie recipes and I thought I would share what I am making today.

Brown Sugar and Spice Cut Out Cookies

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 lg. egg

1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg ( I substitute ginger)

1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease cookie sheets.

Cream the butter and sugar add egg and vanilla.

Blend dry ingredients and add to wet.

Roll out to 1/8 " and cut out as desired or roll into walnut sized balls and press with a glass dipped in flour.

Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Ice with Royal Icing.

Royal Icing

1 lb. icing sugar

3/8 cup milk

3/8 cup light corn syrup

flavoring and coloring as desired

In a bowl mix sugar and milk then add syrup just until combined.

Add flavoring if using and then coloring last.

These cookies are one of my son's favorites. I make these through the year and decorate with the names of his favorite bands or funky designs or black and red icing etc. Today I will be decorating them for Christmas with green and red and perhaps some polka dots, trees, snowflakes and plaid type designs.

Happy Baking!

Thank you Mrs. Wilt for this great idea!

Blessings,

Liisa

No comments: