Friday, December 14, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

The Griswold Family Christmas Tree



I have been busy getting ready for Christmas. Last night I was able to complete almost all of my shopping...just one more gift and food left to buy. Lots of baking getting done and being planned.I have a weakness for Christmas books and magazines ( fortunately I have been blessed with books as gifts and purchase the magazines second hand) - they are full of such wonderful ideas and so my to do list grows or perhaps I should really call it my "hope to do " list!



I try to never lose sight no matter how busy I am of why we celebrate this holiday. Our Lord and Saviour came to earth, born of a virgin to save us from our sins. I am so grateful that He did! I just try and grow closer to him daily and at this time of year I can't help but marvel at the awesome sacrifice He made. He did it for me. That is amazing. He came to earth and He died for us, for our sins. All you have to do is believe and accept Him into your life, turn from your sins and He will forgive you. There is no sin too big and no person too bad to be forgiven. You can enjoy eternal life. There is no better gift and it is free for the taking. If you don't know Him yet I would be more than happy to talk to you about it via email...just leave me a comment with your email address.



Tomorrow we hope to visit a Christmas tree farm and get our tree. I was telling my friend this morning that when I say that all I can picture is a scene from Christmas Vacation where Clark takes the family out to get 'The Griswold Family Christmas Tree'. This is our first time getting a tree this way and I hope it goes better for us than for the Griswolds! I'll try and remember to take some pictures!



I hope your holiday preparations are going well and that you will take some time during this hectic season to remember why we celebrate!



Blessings,

Liisa



No comments: