Friday, December 21, 2007

Mini Quiches


I love mini quiches! They are so easy to make but so yummy. I am going to make them for Christmas Eve. I have tried more in depth recipes and my family prefers the simpler versions I make now. Here is what I do for anyone who may want to try them.

Mini Quiches


I make a batch of pie dough. I use the Crisco recipe that used to be on the box.
Fortunately I have a wooden tart press so I roll the dough into little balls and place a ball in each cup of a mini muffin pan.....I like the really mini size. Then I just press each ball with the tart press.

I mix up some eggs (depending on the number of quiches I am making) just like for scrambled eggs adding some milk.

For the ham and cheddar ones I put some flakes of ham in each shell. Fill the shell with the egg mixture and then top with grated cheddar cheese.

For the feta and spinach ones I use chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained. I place some spinach in each shell and then crumble in some feta and then fill the shell with the egg mixture.

You could also do bacon, onion and mushroom, sausage and peppers or any other combination you like in quiche.

Then bake at 350 until crust is done and eggs are set.
They are so yummy! I made 125 of them for the Harvest Tea we had at our church this fall. There were not many left!

Blessings,

Liisa












No comments: