Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting Back On The Right Track


I recieved a great devotional about this topic this morning and wanted to share it with you. You can find it here.

This one really appealed to me since I have been feeling out of sorts lately and I had been neglecting the little things and even some big things. My house was not kept up as I usually do. Laundry was behind. And I recieved a surprise visit and I had nothing to offer them. I usually have things baked each day - cookies, cake, muffins....something...but I had nothing. It occured to me to bake something but I put it off and didn't have any flour because I hadn't made it to the store to get any. I could have made something else but I didn't and so I was embarrassed to have guests and nothing to offer. ~sigh~ To my shame my hubby even mentioned in a playful, joking way that I had been neglecting my wifely duties. But under many jokes are truth. That is the case here.

What I realized this morning is that when I get off track spiritually I get completely derailed in other areas of my life. I had resolved to really spend alot more time in personal study and in prayer and I hadn't done it. In fact I barely fit in my regular morning study.

But now that I am back on the right track things are falling into place and I am getting everything done and am happy and just enjoying life again.

I have mentioned several times before I am sure that I have fallen behind or neglected my house or gotten my priorities all messed up but I think it is good to be honest on here as I don't want anyone thinking that I have it all together all the time because I don't. I don't believe that very many people really do. It is so easy and very tempting to only write about the positive things...the things I am doing well, that make me look good and not to mention when I fall short but I am a work in progress and I am so grateful that the Lord tells us in His word that once he starts a work He will finish it.

Philippians 1:6 (New International Version)
..being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Praise the Lord!

In light of the fact that I really need to stay on the right track I will be updating my blog on the weekends only for the next little while as I focus more time on the Lord. As you can imagine life with 4 little monkeys doesn't leave a whole lot of free time and I think that time may be better spent in study and prayer and looking after things here. I am actually kind of excited as writing only once a week is alot like Laine's In My Home letters that she used to write once a week where she'd tell what had been going on in her home, share new recipes she was trying and letting others know how God had been at work in her life through the week as well as scriptures that had really stood out for her. It may even make my blog more interesting!! ~smile~

See you next weekend!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

Thanks for this honest post. We all need reminders to keep our priorities straight!

Liisa said...

Thanks Carrie!

Blessings,
Liisa