Friday, February 8, 2008

In Her Tongue Is The Law of Kindness


Proverbs 31:26 (King James Version)
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

This scripture has been running through my mind lately. I have been thinking about the words that come out of my mouth to my hubby, son, friends, family and those I run into when I am out and about. Is this scripture true of me? Have I always spoken with wisdom and kindness? Do I make an effort to do so?

I was also thinking about how often everyday conversations are focused on negative things rather than being uplifting and positive. How often do we talk about what is wrong with a situation, person or thing. Do we often talk about what is right? It is natural and important to talk about your feelings good and bad with someone you trust and talking over what is wrong can help you find a solution to the problem. I think that is wonderful and that is not what I am talking about here. I am talking about when our conversations in general are tainted by negativity. When people seem to be looking for negative things in all situations.

What comes out of our mouths is a reflection of what is in our hearts.

Matthew 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart....

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

I am praying for a heart filled with love and kindness and that what comes out of my mouth will reflect that.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: