Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cauliflower Banana Bread?


My friend Lisa has been telling me about a wonderful book by Jessica Seinfeld called Deceptively Delicious. I am on the waiting list at the library for one of the copies they have. Basically it has recipes for hiding vegetables in your kids food using purees. This way you ensure that they are getting what they need and you don't have to wage the dinner time veggie war!

This morning at playgroup Lisa shared some of the banana bread she made with cauilflower puree in it. It was amazing! I really do not like cauilflower so I was so excited by this! The little monkeys loved it too! Hooray for eating veggies!

Lisa mentioned that the book suggests that you still offer veggies on the plate and encourage your little ones to eat them but at least you will know if they don't that they have already eaten some without knowing it. ~smile~

So thank you Lisa for telling me about this book and sharing your yummy "cauliflower banana bread"!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

I recently posted about this book, too. I received it from a fellow blogger, and I have already tried 7 or 8 recipes from it. All successes! You can find some of the recipes on the website. Just google the book title.

You asked about my pretzel recipe. I made a whole grain one, so if that interests you, let me know and I'll e-mail it. Otherwise, this one is similar: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,174,145169-249207,00.html

My mom used to make soft pretzels using frozen white bread dough. She would shape the thawed dough and then drop them into boiling water!

Liisa said...

Hi Carrie! I'm glad to hear you have had success with these recipes as well I am looking forward to reading the book and didn't know there was a website so thanks for sharing!
Thanks as well for the pretzel recipe link. I will try that as most of our friends are suspicious of anything whole grain! ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa