Monday, February 11, 2008

Busy Weekend


This weekend was quite busy. On Saturday we had our annual meeting at church. I was there for most of the day and was voted in as co-convener of the social team and as assistant treasurer. I was the treasurer a couple of years ago so they felt I would be suited to assist this year. As for social team I really enjoy working with other ladies in the kitchen and planning events. I always seem to have some idea or another in planning stages so I was pleased to be elected. I will be working with one of my dear friends and she has so many wonderful ideas and is such a blessing! The shoes for that job are big ones to fill! The lady that headed this team had been doing it since the church started and devoted so much of her life and time to planning and running things. She is very gifted in that area and we will all be missing her leadership! She however has so many other duties at the church that keep her more than busy so she is grateful for a lighter load.

After the meeting on Saturday my hubby and I were planning a quiet evening together. As it ended up my sister had an unexpected overnight stay and we looked after her children for the night then my son had his girlfriend over and then their friend joined them and we all played a game together. Lots of fun but far from a quiet evening!~smile~

Yesterday we braved the -37 windchill and walked over to church. We had lots of visitors as many churches were closed due to weather and those who attend in other towns were unable to get there. It was nice to see so many new faces! Afterward we visited friends and last night we watched my niece and nephew again as my sister got storm stayed in another town on her way back home. All the roads in our area were closed due to blowing snow. What started out as a 2 1/2 hour drive to an airport and then back turned into a two day adventure! I am praising the Lord today that they made it back safely at last.

So it was a busy but good weekend! I hope yours was good too!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: