Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Naughty Dog


Does anyone have a helpful tip for deodorizing a carpet? I have tried washing it with vinegar, shampoo and used Febreeze. Currently it is out on our front porch airing out. I am hoping that, that will work.

She is an old dog and just can't seem to hold on until morning some nights. Poor thing but the carpet is just taking a beating. I have thought about locking her in the mudroom overnight but it is cold in there and I don't want to leave the heater on all night. She can't do stairs anymore so putting her in the basement won't work either.

Help!

Blessings,
Liisa

4 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

Yikes! Our dog has had plenty of accidents, too. I'm sure fresh air will make a big difference.

Though it's not eco-friendly, we have a carpet spray specifically formulated for pets.

Liisa said...

Oh I never thought of getting a spray meant for pets and I have seen them in the vet's office! Thanks for reminding me of that option!

Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

Liisa, try some borax- that has odour killing and disinfectant properties.

Love,

Glenys

Liisa said...

Thanks for the suggestion Glenys I hadn't thought of that either!

For the time being we are leaving the rug out of the dining room...it's just easier.

Blessings,
Liisa