Friday, February 29, 2008

Cauliflower

Yesterday I was inspired by my friend Lisa to pick up some cauliflower while it was on sale and prepare it for the freezer so I would have it handy for recipes.

I got two big heads for $1 each and was surprised by how much that is when you cut it up. I had to use quite a big pot to do both heads at the same time. I boiled it until it was soft and then used my food processor to puree it. I then froze it on a cookie sheet in half cup measures. When they were fully frozen I took them off the sheet and put them in a Ziploc bag. Now I am ready to make many of the recipes like the cauliflower banana bread I mentioned in another post.

I just love preparing ahead and knowing that I have my freezer stocked up!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday....I wasn't thinking and didn't decide to take pictures until I was nearly finished but here they are anyway. ~smile~





Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: