Monday, February 11, 2008

Home To Holly Springs


I love the Mitford novels so much and was elated to discover this new book by Jan Karon which is just a wonderful story about Father Timothy Kavanagh as he journeys back to the town where he grew up. I am just finishing this book and I would love to encourage you to read it if you haven't yet! In fact if you have not yet read the Mitford novels you could start there. You won't regret it. They just have a way of drawing you right into the stories as though you are really there and really know the characters. I am looking forward to the rest of this new series called The Father Tim Novels.

If you are looking for the Mitford Novels they are....

At Home in Mitford
A Light in the Window
These High, Green Hills
Out to Canaan
A New Song
A Common Life
In This Mountain
Shepherd's Abiding
Light From Heaven

You can learn more about them and the author Jan Karon here.

Happy Reading!

Blessings,
Liisa


P.S. Our cat (I was informed that he is too big to be called a kitten though he is not yet a year old ~smile~) is named after the main character in these novels.... Timothy.

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

My parents and sister love these books. I just read the first one in the fall, and hope to read the 2nd one soon.

Liisa said...

Your sister was the one who got me started on them via her blog!

Blessings,
Liisa