Friday, July 4, 2008

Yard Sale!



Tomorrow we are having our yard sale. We usually do it later in the summer but tomorrow is our town's town wide yard sale which means alot of fun for the shoppers but also alot of people in town for it which means more sales for those who hold one....hmmm...does that even make sense? I lost myself in there somewhere!

Today I baked 6 pies - 4 Dutch apple, one rhubarb and one blueberry to sell. I also baked a big batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies some for the church bake sale tonight and some for our yard sale.

Yesterday my sister came to help me sort and price all the things I hope to sell and tonight my hubby and I will bring it all into the kitchen so it is ready to go out bright and early. I don't know about where you are but here people start arriving at 6:30 even if you advertise to start at 8 so we will be up and prepared.

I plan to have a table with a pitcher of lemonade and cups for people to help themselves to. I like to float round lemon slices in the lemonade just to make it look a little special.

I took time to print some signs for books, movies, jewelery, clothes etc. with the price on it and a cute picture. I also printed labels for the pies with pictures. I think it just adds a nice touch to have everything looking pretty and organized.


Here are some of the pictures I used for pie labels....





I think as with anything in life it is worth the extra bit of time to make things nice, it shows that you care.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: