Monday, July 28, 2008

Luau Lunch

Well, it was a success! We had quite a few people for lunch and it was such fun! My friend Nancy and I arrived at the church at 6 a.m. and started making the fruit kabobs which went much quicker than we thought it would. Then we got the crock pots with the Hawaiian meatballs going and headed outside to decorate. The tissue paper flowers I made held up really well to spite quite a bit of wind - duct tape works wonders to hold them on! Then it was back inside to get the rice cooked and finish up any little details and food prep and we were all done in time for the service! After the service it was just a matter of getting the hot dogs BBQ'd by one of our wonderful men and setting everything out. My friend Lisa who organized VBS and worked all week there in addition to her job in the afternoons and caring for a home and family also found time somehow to make a delicious Hawaiian cake! It was a yellow cake with crushed pineapple on top, then vanilla pudding and whipped cream mixed together and topped with bananas and coconut - it was wonderful! I am going to have to try and make it for my family!

I was so busy after the food went out I forgot to take pictures of anything after that! But here are a few pics of things before lunch. One thing I really liked that I didn't get a picture of is how the whole pineapple surrounded by grapes looked. I think I might use one as the center of the next big fruit tray I make.









Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

The Vintage Housewife... said...

HELLO SWEET KITTEN WOOOO WWEEEE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR MY PRIZE....I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH I HAD A BLAST READING IT!!! I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE IT! THANK YOU ! CAT~

Liisa said...

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thank you for popping in and letting me know!

Blessings,
Liisa