Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Spiral Notebook


This week I wanted to let you know about something I just could not live without and that is a spiral notebook. I have one that is always on my desk and in it I write phone messages, notes, to do lists, the sales for the week, my shopping lists which I add to through the week and then just grab my book for shopping and have the sales written down and my list as well. I also use it to jot down little notes or scriptures when I am doing my Bible study in the mornings. I am on a committee at church so I will write down in there things I need to discuss with my partner as I think of it then when I call her I can refer to my notes and know what I wanted to say or questions I need to ask others when I talk to them. My hubby has been away quite a bit for work lately and I write down his messages and things I need to tell him so I won't forget when he calls. I also use this book to jot down ideas for my blog.

I am quite forgetful at times and this book really saves me. Also I am able to look back through the book and everything is there and I am not hunting for bits of paper with someone's phone number or other information I need. I can also look back and see when things where on sale and how often they come up.

When the book gets full I go through and copy any important info. into the new book and go on from there. I also have a little one in my purse for notes or ideas that come up when I am out. A spiral notebook really works for me! For more ideas please visit Rocks in My Dryer.

Blessings,
Liisa

9 comments:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

You might want to check out organized home {dot} com. They have printable forms to create a household notebook. I love spiral notebooks, but hated having to thumb thru to try and find a specific phone number or whatever. In my Household Notebook everything has it's own spot: cleaning, shopping, menus, phone numbers, etc.
Just thought you'd like to check it out!

Grateful for Grace said...

Lisa,
I do this too, but I also do this with mine:
I take a spiral at the beginning of each month and put a date on every top right hand page. Then I use it like a planner BUT I have lots of other pages (the backs of each page, basically and the areas that don't have TO DOs on them). Because it was the little things that kept NOT getting done around her. YKWIM? Not big enough to go on the family calendar: take clothes to Salvation Army, mail gift to sis-in-law, etc. BUT I write down everything I need to do that day (so I can cross it off Ü), practically. MUCH cheaper than a day planner.

blessings,
GfG

Liisa said...

Fuschia - Thanks for the link! I do have a household binder as well.

GFG - Thank you for the idea - that would be alot cheaper than a planner. I am a list person too and love to be able to cross things off! ~smile~

Thank you both for popping in!

Blessings,
Liisa

Amy said...

Ooooh, I've been thinking about getting one notebook for everything. I think your post is just enough incentive to go ahead and do it! Thanks! :)

Forgetfulone said...

I love this idea! I, too, can be quite forgetful!

Anonymous said...

I've been doing this with little mini composition books, which are on sale for 5 cents at walgreens, and I have them in my purse, by my computer and at my scrapbook desk.

Liisa said...

Amy - I hope it works for you, it really does save me alot to have everything there!

Forgetfulone - I am forgetful too! I would be completely lost wothout my notebook!

Pepper - Oh that is even less expensive! I'll have to look into that!

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment ladies!

Blessings,
Liisa

Muthering Heights said...

I have a notepad like this too!

Liisa said...

Isn't it a big help! I am glad to hear that this works for others too!

Blessings,
Liisa