Sunday, July 13, 2008

Love One Another


Have you ever encountered a difficult person or met someone that just rubbed you entirely the wrong way? Have you known someone who's actions just seem meant to hurt or offend you? How did you feel about that person? Did you love them?

The other morning in my personal study I came across John 15:12 where Jesus says "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

Jesus commands us to love one another in fact in John 13:35 Jesus tells us that by that shall all men know that we are his disciples, if we have love one to another.

God is really speaking to my heart about this. I must confess that in dealing with others in the last while I have not always been loving towards those who have been hurtful or difficult or even those who have rubbed me the wrong way. I ashamed of my hardened heart and am praying to see others as God sees them. I am commanded to love others as Jesus loves me. How grateful I am that he sees past the surface and loves me anyway. I need to do that too, to see past the surface to what may be behind that and see the person and love them.

I have confessed my poor attitude and am praying that God will soften my heart and open my eyes, that He will help me to see others as He sees them and to love them as He loves me.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: