Friday, July 18, 2008

Busy Day


My goodness it is hot here already and it is still early! It is going to be 31 degrees today but will feel like 40! Yikes! How I am longing for the house on the lake up North where it is cooler.

My first little monkey arrived at 7:15 and we headed right out for a walk before it gets any hotter. There was such a nice breeze and it was nice to be out walking around before there are too many others out and about. Just a peaceful morning stroll. I usually wait until 10 to go for our walk but I may make the early morning walk part of our routine.

I have a busy day ahead of me - my sister is putting on a concert at the church for youth tonight with four bands , one of them is my son's band, two others are local as well and one is coming from out of town. The proceeds from tonight's concert will be going to Blood Water Mission. $1 provides 1 person with clean water for 1 year. My sister has such a heart for outreach and helping others and this concert is just one of the ways she is making a difference. We are praying for the unsaved youth who will be there tonight who will have the gospel presented to them and have the opportunity to hear some testimonies and for those in Africa that so desperately need help.

Since the one band is coming from a fair distance we thought we had best provide them with some dinner at the church. I will be making chili, biscuits and chocolate chip bars. My friend is also making chili since there are five guys in the band and whoever they bring to help set up and whoever may be at the church helping - so it could be quite a number for dinner!

Hubby and I will be attending the concert as well and helping where we can not to mention cheering loudly and embarrassingly for our son.....actually we aren't allowed to do that anymore - well not too much anyway!

I also have an inspection this morning from the agency I care for children through. So busy busy busy!

I better get at it or I may not get it all done!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: