Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Every Girl Should Be Married


Are you a fan of old movies? I am. We just got the Turner Classic Movies channel in our area and I just love it! The other day I watched Every Girl Should Be Married and it has become one of my favorite movies. It's the kind of movie where you catch yourself smiling through the whole thing.

i love how this movie portrays a woman who loves babies, wants a husband and a beautiful home. She takes the time to learn all she can about the man she loves, his habits, favorite foods, restaurants and activities. She enjoys cooking for him and serving him a lovely meal. She admires how hard he works and lets him know. She even makes sure to have his favorite things on hand. I think as wives there is a lot we can learn form that.

When my hubby and I were dating I could not wait to be with him no matter what he was doing, I listened to his every word and I did my best to provide for him little things that he really enjoyed. Even when I made him a sandwich it was made with care and was something special. He felt loved and admired. I need to be sure that he always feels that way!

I will be making the extra effort to make sure my hubby feels loved and special and cared for. It really doesn't take much effort to make his favorite foods, to make my home clean and lovely - somewhere he wants to come home to. To perhaps purchase a magazine he will enjoy and leave it out for him near his favorite spot.

My hubby loves the stuffed mushrooms I make. I usually only make them for company or when we are going out somewhere, but this week I will make them just because he loves them. I know that will make him feel special. Is there a special treat you make that your hubby loves? Why not make it for him this week?

Finally we need to take the time to really know our husbands, to know all their likes and dislikes, what their quirks and habits are and what they would really like us to do and not do. Now I am not saying pin your hubby down and interrogate him. Simply take the time to really pay attention to him. I know that can be a challenge withe very thing that goes on especially if you have a house full of little monkeys but it will be worth the effort. A happy marriage is a strong marriage!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: