Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blueberry Picking


Every year towards the end of July I get together with some ladies and head about an hour south of here for blueberry picking. They are high bush blueberries and much bigger than wild blueberries, they are also much less sweet. It is such a beautiful and peaceful place, it just lifts my spirits to be there picking berries and visiting. This year it was just my sister and I and it was so much fun. We don't get out together much anymore just the two of us so it was really nice. I picked two baskets full and when I got home I washed, dried and froze most of them but kept out enough to make my hubby a blueberry pie.

Here is the recipe I use.....

Easy Old Fashioned Blueberry Pie

3 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup butter
Pie crust for 9" double crust pie

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large saucepan combine ingredients.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
Pour into pie shell.

Bake pie for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Liisa

P.S. My sister took that pretty picture of the blueberries....thanks Leanne!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Liisa! Pie sounds delicious! I love blueberries! Blessings!

Liisa said...

Thank you and thank you for visiting!

Blessings,
Liisa