Friday, January 30, 2009

18!


My son Andy with his girlfriend Jessalyn.



My son Andy turned 18 yesterday. 18! I can't believe it....it seems like the last time I checked he was 3 and suddenly I turn around and he is 18. ~sigh~ Time goes by much, much too fast. I know I say this alot but I hope that any of you who are blessed to have little ones at home that you cherish every moment because before you know it your little boy will be a man.


His birthday was a quiet affair with just us, my Mother in law and Jessalyn. We told Andy he could pick anything he wanted for dinner or go anywhere and he picked subs from Subway. This worked out quite well for us as we recently received several two for one coupons in the mail. ~smile~ That was followed up by a birthday cake I made and snacks.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. Andy is our only child since we have not been blessed with any others and now he is legally an adult. ~sigh~ I was just happy and sad at the same time.

I ran into an older couple in the grocery store yesterday with all my little monkeys and they asked if they were all mine. I told them no I just get to look after them and that my son is just turned 18. The gentleman said to me that theirs just turned 50. That put it in a bit of perspective for me!

What a blessing to have a wonderful son who brings joy to my life.

Happy Friday!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

awwww, it is a bittersweet moment...

What is funny, is they think that magic number 18 means they KNOW IT ALL and DO IT ALL.....

Have a blessd day!!!

Liisa said...

Soooooo true!

Blessings,
Liisa