Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fried Rice Croquets Turned Rice Cakes


Well my attempt at making Fried Rice Croquets did not turn out as I had hoped. Bethany's looked so very yummy....mine? Not so much. I could not get the rice mixture to hold together at all. Not at all! I added more liquid...nope....I added another egg....nope. I just kept looking at the mess I was making thinking about how I would hate to waste all that food when I thought about Laine. What would Laine do? She would revamp it, call it by another name and pretend it was supposed to turn out that way all along.

Soooo.....

The rice cake was born. I dumped the seasoned bread crumbs into the rice mixture and it at last became sticky and held together. I formed it into little patties and fried them. My guys loved them so much they even ate them cold! ~smile~

Sometimes even a complete disaster can become something wonderful. Isn't that how it is with God as well. Even someone who feels they are a complete disaster and beyond saving can become something wonderful when they accept salvation. Thank you Lord for seeing the possibilities in even me and not tossing me away as beyond hope.

Happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Liisa

Picture from www.allposters.com

No comments: