Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Word for 2009


Inspired by this post by Amy at Daily Pleasures I created this to remind me of what I will be working on this year which is to more fully display the characteristics of love as descibed in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.



I found the word love in the scrapbook section. It is made out of thin wood so it gives this picture a nice 3D effect. I glued it onto a piece of scrapbook paper with little flowers on it and then wrote the scripture underneath. I hung it up beside the kitchen so I will see it when I am in there and when I am in the diningroom. When I look at it it makes me smile and immediately calls that verse to mind. What a help when things are getting a bit hairy with little ones everywhere!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Isn't that beautiful.

I think that so many key lessons are contained in these few short words and how wonderful to be able to apply them to my life. To be patient and kind and not envying. To never boast or be proud, or rude. To not be self seeking, easily angered or to keep records of wrongs. To not delight in evil but rejoice with truth. To always protect, trust hope and persevere. So many things to work on and a pretty reminder on my wall! ~smile~

Happy Wednesday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: