Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Recovering

Well, everyone here seems to be recovering at last from the nasty icky stomach virus that went through here. Two monkeys came down with it Thursday night, my son got it Friday afternoon, I had it Friday night through Saturday. So far my hubby has not gotten it yet and neither has one little monkey. I hope they skip it. It was awful as all viruses are.

So I had alot to catch up on yesterday since I wasn't able to get much done over the weekend.

However we were feeling well Sunday morning and the weather finally co-operated enough that we were able to make it out to church! I was so happy - I really do miss it when we can't get there. The sermon was given by a man in our congregation since our pastor was away and it was wonderful. My son really enjoyed it as well and could really relate to him as he is a young man and used references my son really got.

He spoke on John 3 and Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus and being born again, what that means and the importance of reaching out to others. Inspirational!

This morning I have been busy with little monkeys, we colored some pictures of ducks and sang the Five Little Ducks song using a glove with pompom ducks with Velcro on the back that stick to the fingers to act it out. They really enjoyed it.

I also spent some time baking chocolate chips bars. After Christmas and especially at this time of year stores dramatically reduce their Christmas chocolate and candy. When this happens I buy solid chocolate balls, bells, figures etc. and chop them up to use for baking. It works really well and saves so much money. The bells I used for the bars today cost 40 cents!

After that I made some flour tortillas to use for lunch. The little ones had cream cheese roll ups and the rest I will use to make chicken ranch wraps for my hubby's lunch. I am thankful every time I make the tortillas for Laine's Letters. We have saved so much money by making our own.

The weather here is taking another crazy turn....more snow and high winds.....~sigh~ It doesn't make for very safe travel. My hubby said there is a big accident that has shut down the highway he takes coming home and he has to take another route. I am praying for those involved and those who are helping and I am so thankful that my hubby left work a little later. I am always worried when he goes to work and back but trust God to see him home safely at the end of each day.

Hope you are having a Happy Tuesday!

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I am starting to smell a rat w/ this stomach virus going around....last time it happened so widespread, it was in the peanutbutter. It is hitting really hard in our area and I see it on the news almost nightly.

Liisa said...

Hmmm... That kind of thing never occured to me...scary thought!

Blessings,
Liisa