Friday, August 22, 2008

Titus Women


Last night we had another Titus Women meeting. It was so much fun. A very gifted lady in our congregation taught us all flower arranging (I think I need several dozen more lessons though ~smile~)

She made four different arrangements and they were all so beautiful but by far the star of the evening was the arrangement she did out of weeds. Yep, weeds and it was spectacular. When she was done it was something you would pay for then she had a few artificial sunflowers and my goodness it was incredible! Out of weeds! Beautiful and free it doesn't get much better than that does it?

As usual we opened in prayer then I shared a devotional about the message of flowers, then Pat did her part and then coached us through making our own arrangements to take home. Afterward we enjoyed coffee, tea, ice cream and some cupcakes I whipped up in the afternoon. What a wonderful evening!

I took many pictures, here are just a few....






Blessings,
Liisa

3 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

So, was the devotional on the WEEDS? That would make such a great visual lesson.....SOME weeds can make life interesting.....you just can't let them choke out the flowers......

They were very pretty! Are you going weed hunting today?...lol. I'm hosting a breakfast tomorrow for the homeschool moms....hmmm....might need to go to the pasture for an arrangement.

Liisa said...

No it wasn't on weeds but that would have been great!

As soon as the arrangement I made last night is finished I will be weed hunting! LOL!

It really is amazing how pretty the weeds look when they are together. Seperately they are o.k. but together - wow!

I hope your breakfast goes well!

Blessings,
Liisa

*carrie* said...

Cute cupcakes! I don't seem to have a knack for arranging flowers, either--but I enjoy others' handiwork!