Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Singing Like Edith Bunker



I sing like Edith Bunker. There is a phrase " can't carry a tune in a bucket" That is me all the way. ~smile~
I used to be too embarrassed to really sing in church especially as my hubby can;t help but hear me when I am right beside him. Then I thought about the reason we sing in church at all - it's not for my hubby or those in the pews around me. It is for my Heavenly Father. It is singing praises and prayers to Him - not to anyone else.
He created me - He knows what my voice sounds like. I may be in the "joyful noise" category but it is joyful and full of love for Jesus. I know it pleases Him, so I stopped worrying about others hearing me and I am so blessed by worship times now as I put my hear into those songs and focus on the One who I a singing to and not everyone else.
I also realized that everyone is doing the same thing! They are focused on God and worshiping Him not on me and what I sound like.
So sing out all the Edith Bunkers of the world! Praise and worship God with all your heart!

Happy Tuesday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: