Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's Day my hubby and I are going to have a quiet evening at home together. He is so sweet and decided to get pizza for us for dinner so I won't have to cook. We are saving up for our trip to Tennessee and Kentucky this spring so we are trying not  to eat out much so it is an extra bonus that Valentine's Day is Tuesday this year because our local pizza place has a pizza special every Tuesday. ~smile~
He is so sweet and I am so blessed to have him for my husband.

Yesterday I had a Ladies Valentine's Tea here at home. I had 8 ladies here and we had a wonderful time. I totally forgot to take ANY pictures! *sigh*
It was a bit of a challenge getting ready for it. Yesterday morning the kitchen sink clogged up! I got out the plunger and was able to free it up and was thinking Yay! I fixed the sink which quickly turned into Oh No! I broke the sink when I spied water coming out from under my sink! YIKES! I opened it up and all the pipes were wet, the floor of the cupboard was covered in water. I quickly called my hubby at work and he said he had no idea what happened and told me to call our friend who is also our plumber. I did and left a message. I took everything out from under the sink dried it off put in a towel though there was no obvious leak and kept trying to clean the house, decorate make food and get ready for ladies to arrive. Our friend called me back and assured me that the water had likely just backed up out of the vent and as long as I didn't smell any sewer smell it was fine. If had of then we would need a new vent gasket but it is all ok. PHEW! God is good. With all that going on I just finished getting things ready and put the vacuum away as the first lady arrived.

We had chocolate cupcakes with pink icing, love brownies (deep dish chocolate chip brownies), iced sugar cookies, a box of chocolates, apples and veggies and dip. My friend brought some wonderful cherry tarts she made with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. So pretty and so yummy! Of course we also had a variety of teas and coffee.

We made a craft - this  LOVE banner.

It is made out of wired ribbon and the blocks and letters are felt. I cut a skewer to be the stick at the top and hung it with kitchen string. It is decorated with raffia and some pips. I found a whole ziploc bag of these wired ribbons at the second hand store a couple of months ago for 50 cents. I didn't know what I would do with them but I loved them and the price was right. ~smile~ They ended up being perfect for this craft.


It was just a good time of visiting together I am so blessed with so many sweet friends.

Now I'd best get ready for Bible Study. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I have a ladies Bible study here every Tuesday afternoon. There are just a few of us but it is a blessed time in God's Word. I use commentaries by Pastor David Guzik that I found years ago on blueletterbible.org. We have been doing this for years. Right now we are nearing the end of Job. It has been a really good study as we have two ladies who have been having a really hard go of it lately and it has encouraged them to press on. Lots of great lessons for us all. Next we will be doing Matthew again as we have some new ladies who have not done it before and it has been many years since we did it last. Matthew is my favorite book so I am really looking forward to it.

Happy Tuesday!
Blesssings.
Liisa




No comments: