Saturday, February 18, 2017

Church Work and Some Saturday Ramblings


I spent a large part of yesterday catching up on some work at the church. I am the librarian and I had two boxes, yes two boxes, BIG boxes, full of new books that were donated that I needed to look after. I hadn't been able to do it sooner because our church is in another town and the weather hasn't been great for driving (ok not that bad I mean we live in Canada so I should be used to it but I am a Big Wimp winter driving chicken.)  My hubby is sweet and had offered to take me but I knew it would take me several hours to do everything I had to and that it wouldn't be fair for him to come and wait for me.
I was able to get all the books looked after, old books culled to make way for the new ones, the "library spotlight book" review page made and set up with the book on the foyer table, a poster for the bulletin board to let everyone know that I will be setting out the culled books for 2 Sundays in March for everyone to help themselves before they are donated. I also printed the next 7 weeks of Bible study commentary for my ladies Bible study and do some much needed organizing and rearranging

This time the "spotlight" book is ...

What a relief to have that big job done! I have felt like it was hanging over me. It is always that way when I know I have something that really needs to get done. Now I just have to finish purging our home. ~smile~
We are hoping to sell our home this year and move into a smaller house. I remember when we moved in here. It is a big old house and I remember standing with my hubby upstairs the day we got the keys and saying how are we ever going to fill this big of a house. Now I am standing here 18 years later saying how are we ever going to downsize! *sigh* It is a sad time for me. I love this house. I moved alot all my life and this is the first house I ever felt at home in right away from the very first night. It is also the first house we ever owned and the one where we raised our son, watching him go from a little boy, 8 years old when we moved here, to the man he is today. So many memories! But my hubby says we take our memories with us they don't stay here. He is right but it is hard for me and yet exciting to see where God takes us next. I am looking forward to less housework that comes with a smaller home and less things. *wink*

Just some Saturday ramblings. And now I had best get busy, I need to make some cookies for church tonight, it is our annual meeting and we always have a dessert fellowship before the meeting. I also need to make my hubby some lunch and get some cleaning done. 

Happy Saturday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: