Friday, February 17, 2017

A Comfort Gift Basket

I have a wonderful friend who gave me a gift bag one time before I went for surgery. I was so blessed by her thoughtfulness I try and give a similar "comfort basket" to anyone who is faced with a hospital stay.

Inside my bag was...
Chap stick
Mints - very handy as you can't get up whenever you like to brush your teeth or rinse your mouth.
Ferraro Rocher - Every thing is better when there is chocolate! ~smile~
Socks - My feet freeze after surgery so socks were very welcome. I put in some aloe infused or super fuzzy socks as an added comfort.
A beautiful devotional - Moments of Peace from Psalms
Body/Hand Lotion - so comforting.

I use a basket lined with a pretty cloth and also add a pen, a small notebook, and a puzzle book.

Just a little way to bless someone with a few things they may not have thought to bring with them for their stay.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: