Saturday, February 11, 2017

Apple Cake

I thought I'd share a couple of recipes I made this week. ~smile~ Today I'll share the recipe for the apple cake I made.
I forget where I found this recipe as I have had it for years but if it is yours please let me know and I will give you credit for it.This recipe is actually a peach cake that you can make with apples or blueberries instead.

Aunt Eileen's Peach Cake
4 eggs                                
2 cups sugar      
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 cup orange juice (I used milk instead)
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Filling
2 cups sliced fresh peaches or 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2-3 large apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced.
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Icing sugar to dust the top of the cake - optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat egg and add sugar and oil mixing well.
Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to egg mixture alternately with juice (or milk)
Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl toss fruit with sugar and cinnamon.
Pour 1/3 of the batter into a greased, lightly floured tube pan.
Layer 1/2 the fruit mixture over that. Then 1/3 batter, the rest of the fruit and then remaining batter.
Bake 1 hour or until it tests done. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Sprinkle with icing sugar if using.
Serves 10.            

Enjoy!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: