Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy Busy


Well things here are getting busier and busier as we get closer to Christmas.

Yesterday I made Fiddle Faddle and packaged the Molasses Crinkle cookies I made on Tuesday for the freezer but not before 2/3 of them disappeared! The Fiddle Faddle I have stored in cookie tins lined with plastic wrap and it should be just fine until Christmas...if I can hide it from the men!

Today I will be making thumbprint cookies...these ones are like shortbread and I will fill them with raspberry jam. My family wasn't too fond of the thumbprint cookies that are rolled in nuts and baked and then filled with jam so I am making this variety instead - you put in the jam before you bake them and they are very good.

Also today I will be mailing out a parcel for my Nanny (grandmother) I had hoped that I would get to see her over the holidays but I don't think that will happen now so I will just send her gift to my aunt's house to be sure she gets it for Christmas.

I need to pick up some plates at the second hand store today to put the cookies on for the couple who deliver our fliers each week, the dentist's office, the agency I work for and the doctor's office. I think it is much easier to use a real plate for this than a flimsy paper one. They are stronger, easier to manage without spilling the cookies and look so much nicer. Also at 25 cents each you can afford to give them away! For the recycling man I usually tie his cookies in a bag and set it on top of the recycling. As I mentioned before on top of each plate with the card I will be attaching one of the "Kris Moose" I made. You can see that post here.

I will need to do a big deep cleaning on the house as well throughout the upcoming days.

I am also busy working on two handmade gifts for my hubby. I will post about those after Christmas. ~wink~

So I better get myself moving so I can accomplish some of the things I need to get done today!

Happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Liisa

1 comment:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Good grief, I'm tired just reading this. I haven't been able to bake much this year due to planning for daughter's wedding....we are down to the wire and hopefully we don't forget anything....aaaakkkkk. Have a very Merry Christmas!