Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Happenings


Seasons of Peace

We had a wonderful and peaceful Christmas - I hope you did too!

My sister, her children and my mother in law came over Christmas eve and we enjoyed playing some board games together, visiting and eating far too much! My hubby had to work for a bit and didn't get home until 8 p.m. so we also watched several episodes of 17 Kids and Counting before he got home since there was a marathon on TLC. This is not my hubby's favorite show but it is mine ~smile~ After everyone went home for the evening we were able to just relax and enjoy the rest of the evening with just the three of us. It was a little bitter sweet for me as my son will be 18 next month and I couldn't help but wonder how many more Christmases we will have together. Soon enough he will have in laws to spend holidays with too or he may move away and not be able to come home for Christmas. *sniff* For all of the mothers who were up to their eyeballs in toys and overly excited and wound up children - enjoy every precious moment - it will be over all too soon. Too soon you will be wishing for the days of wide eyed little ones bouncing into your room at 5 a.m. to wake you up Christmas morning.

Christmas day was quiet and relaxing. Everyone came back over for brunch then headed home for the afternoon and back for the afternoon and dinner. My hubby cooked most of the dinner again this year. I am blessed with a hubby who makes the best turkey and stuffing. He also makes the gravy since as I have confessed before I can not make gravy. So it was a wonderful holiday.

Boxing day my sister and I hit the stores in a near by town and we were surprised that the stores were not jam packed with people. In fact it was just like any Saturday. However we heard that people in the city were lined up outside stores at 6 a.m. That must be why local stores weren't crazy! I was able to get my shopping for the coming year started with birthday gifts for three of my little monkeys and a birthday and Christmas present for my Mum. I like to stock up early - this saves so much time and money if you can shop ahead so I was quite pleased.

The next two days I was busy helping my sister clean her new house before she moved in and yesterday we helped her move. What a crazy time to move right between Christmas and New Year but she was able to buy her first home which comes with a rental property to help with the mortgage so she wasn't going to be fussy about the timing!

Today Hubby and I are off for an adventure so I better get ready! I'll post about that tomorrow!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: