Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Iced Spice Cookies (Weezer Cookies)


I made a double batch of these yesterday and they are half gone already! I have to get the cookies into the freezer right away or my own cookie monsters snarfle them right up! Oh well at least I know they enjoy my baking. ~smile~

Iced Spice Cookies aka: Weezer Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 lg. egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease sheets.
Cream margarine and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
Blend dry ing. together and gradually add to wet mixing well.
Roll to 1/8" thick and cut out.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Ice with Royal Icing.

(Note: I roll the dough into balls and press flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour instead of cutting it out)

Royal Icing

1 lb. icing sugar
3/8 cup milk
3/8 cup light corn syrup
Flavouring as desired (I used vanilla)
Food Coloring

In a bowl mix sugar and milk then add corn syrup just until combined add flavouring, mix well and add coloring.

(Note: This recipe makes alot of icing I halved it and had just enough for a double batch of cookies.)

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: