Monday, December 15, 2008

Chocolate Macaroons


I had alot of coconut leftover from making snowballs the other day (recipe here)and not alot of peanut butter so I decided to make regular macaroons instead of the peanut butter ones. You can find the recipe for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons here.

Here is the recipe I used....

Chocolate Macaroons

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine

Put in a pot and boil for 1 minute. Add 1 tsp. vanilla.

Mix in a bowl:
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups coconut
6 tbsp. cocoa

Pour hot mixture over oat mixture and blend well. Drop by teaspoon on wax paper. Let set. Makes approx. 3 dozen.

Note: I cover a cookie sheet with plastic wrap and drop them on there since I never seem to have wax paper on hand and also I can pick them up and move them easily if I need to and the plastic wrap keeps the sheet clean.

Also this time I made them very small, bite size, since they are very sweet and a bigger one can be a little too much all at once.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: