Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Blessings


This past weekend was just wonderful! It actually started on Friday morning when I found two pretty and very long valances at the second hand store. They were very well made and so lovely, I just couldn't pass them up. I have had just sheers on our livingroom and diningroom windows for quite sometime and they just really needed something to make them look finished. I couldn't afford to buy anything new and hadn't found anything second hand as our livingroom and dining room run into each other and I wanted all the window treatments to match. That meant I needed to find one really wide window treatment that matched three smaller ones....not an easy task.
Until Friday! The smaller of the two valances fit our big livingroom window perfectly and I couldn't believe it when I measured it in the store but the biiger valances was exactly the perfect width to make three valances for the remaining three windows! I spent sometime that afternoon doing a bit of cutting and sewing and by supper time we had pretty new windows treatments! I just love the way they look. My hubby even likes them to spite the fact he says they are quite flowery ~smile~ The very best part though was that they only cost $2. God is so good! I find if I am patient then I will come across exactly what I need for a price I can afford.

Sorry that was quite a ramble about valances but I was just so happy about it! Here is a piture of one in the diningroom. Notice Timothy in the window? That is one of his favorite squirrel watching spots!




Saturday my sister and my friend Nancy and I went to several Mennonite farms in our area and picked up eggs and cabbage at one, a pie at another and best of all strawberries at another! I had been told they would be late this year and still had a couple of weeks to go but they were there and are wonderful! They taste like summer!



I really enjoy going to these farms and chatting with the ladies there. They are so sweet and friendly. They really inspire me as well. My goodness they are so hardworking and their homes, yards and gardens really reflect that. So perfectly clean and tidy....even there gardens are in precise rows and weed free. It is always a peaceful time driving in the country admiring the tidy farms and beautiful scenery and visiting along the way. We also went into a nearby town and had lunch and did some shopping and my sister posted some flyers for an upcoming concert she is presenting to raise funds for Blood Water Mission. For more on that please visit her site Cellar Events She has a real heart to help others.

Then my weekend was topped off by a fantstic sermon on end times at church and a leisurely afternoon spent reading a Beverly Lewis book I borrowed from a friend and hadn't read yet (I just love her books and had thought I read them all so it was a nice surprise!)and watching an old movie on tv.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: