Friday, June 13, 2008

To Sleep Perchance to Dream


Last night we were blessed with tickets to see Hamlet. It was an incredible experience. This was the first time I have seen one of Shakespeare's plays though I have been hoping to for some time. The acting was just amazing - such incredible talent.

The one thing that amazed me the most about the experience was how with very limited props and clever lighting they were able to transport you from location to location. It really was something to see. The emotion - well I was completely pulled into the story.

My hubby really enjoyed the play as well though our balcony seats were awfully small for him so he was quite uncomfortable. He is not a small man at 6'3 and the leg room was small even for me! However he came out of it talking about what a wonderful experience it was - this is no small thing for a man who is more into outdoorsy kind of pursuits. ~smile~

All in all it was a wonderful evening out. I was treated to supper out as well. We went with another couple and met another friend there. Just a really nice time spent with friends.

Due to the late night though I am quite sleepy this morning. I hope my little monkeys don't get the better of me today!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: