Thursday, June 26, 2008

Snowbirds


Last evening I was especially happy to head to a nearby town and watch the Snowbirds perform. They are so talented, it is thrilling to watch them fly.

To spite a little rain as we drove there it was a beautiful evening. The show was at the water front so we picked a spot out on some very large rocks to sit and watch. It couldn't have been better as we were right at the center. They flew right over us several times. It brought back so many memories for me. We have seen them several times when we lived in a small town south of here and they had an annual air show. My son was just a little boy then and he loved it almost as much as my hubby!

I went with my sister and her children since unfortunately my hubby had to work. We were worried our boys wouldn't make it home in time to come either as they were out all day working for a friend of ours who is a farmer picking rocks, but we prayed for them to make it and they did - just barely.

I packed us a supper we ate on route and it was just such a fun evening. It was a little sad too as I realized that time is growing short having my son home with us. He is already 17 and time goes by far too quickly. Last night I could have sworn it was just yesterday he was the little boy on his Daddy's shoulders yelling "Look at the planes Mommy!" ~sniff~ Happy memories.




Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: