Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Answered Prayers


I am praising God for answering prayers even more abundantly than I could have hoped! I was facing a summer without work at a time when it is uncertain if my hubby will be on strike this summer. I had said when I found out that I would pray about it and trust God because I know that He works all things together for the good of those who love Him. However I kept worrying and planning and generally not doing what I said. I kept trying to work things out in my own power. I realized what I was doing when one of my favorite pastors was a guest speaker at church a week ago and asked the congregation if we REALLY trusted God. I had to admit that I hadn't been. Right then I gave all my concerns and worries to the Lord and left them there trusting Him fully. The next day the Mommy of my two newest monkeys came and asked if I could watch them for two weeks in July and two days a week in August. I was praising the Lord for this added income! Today - one week later she came back and said that she now needs me for the entire summer except for the one week we were hoping to go up north! Isn't God just so very good? He knows what we need before we even ask and we just need to trust in Him and He will provide for those who love Him.

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Blessings,
Liisa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for the best way to clean windows when I came across your blog. I liked your message about answered pray. I feel encourage, now I can go clean my windows. - glad I found your blog!
God bless
Jackie in S.D.

Liisa said...

Thanks for visiting Jackie and for your kind comment - you have encouraged me! ~smile~

Blessings,
Liisa

*carrie* said...

Liisa,

Thanks for this post. I tend to worry and try to figure things out myself also. I call it "clamoring," which I learned from a book called The Allure of Hope.

Liisa said...

Clamoring - I will have to remember that phrase. I tend to do alot of that too but I am working on it!
Thanks for visiting Carrie!
Blessings,
Liisa