Friday, June 6, 2008

Hot! Hot! Hot!


It looks like summer has decided to show up all at once! Today we are expecting temperatures in the 30's and in fact it will be that hot all weekend. I am not much of a summer person. I love all three of the other seasons but do not like to be hot. However this is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Today I plan to take my little monkeys out for a walk and then when we get back we'll have water play. I have already set out big bowls of water on the porch with some big spoons and various other kitchen utensils so they can play and splash and get just soaking wet and cooled off! ~smile~ I find this so easy and they really love it. The older ones pretend they are making wonderful and tasty soups and the little ones just splash and splash- what fun!

The porch is ideal for this as it provides shade and we are up off the ground and dirt and grass and I can just enjoy swinging on the porch swing while I keep an eye on the little ones and provide musical accompaniment by singing every silly song we know!

I had best get my chores done before the heat sets in and then I will be free to enjoy the day.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: