Friday, January 11, 2008

Providing For Our Needs


I am continually amazed at how the Lord blesses and provides for us! He knows what I need before I even ask. Back in the summer I broke the zipper on my raincoat. It wasn't worth getting it fixed because it was ripped and sewn and looking awfully shabby. I was resigning myself to having to buy a new one when I was pinning it together on Wednesday. The monkeys and I go out for our walk in almost any weather as they have umbrellas, as well as a plastic cover on the stroller for the littlest monkeys and I (sort of) have a rain coat so we don't let a little rain keep us cooped up. Anyway, I was thinking about how much this was going to cost and figuring that perhaps I should just keep pinning up the old one when I visited a second hand shop yesterday. There in brand new condition was almost the same rain coat I had! It is flannel lined, dark green and wonderful! The best part is that I only had $5 in my wallet left for the week. I asked the price of the coat kind of afraid of the answer - it was $4!!! I bought it and today it was raining again so I donned my new coat and how nice it was to not be embarrassed of it's appearance or to have to pin it closed.

Another way I have been blessed this week was by my telephone situation. All afternoon on Monday I was praying that it wasn't going to cost us alot of money to have the problem fixed. It didn't! The repair man was so nice and was able to fix the problem quickly and with no charge to us!

I just had to share this with you because God does care about the little things as well as the big things. This really builds my faith because if God, Almighty God, cares whether I have a rain coat how much more can I trust Him to care for the big needs in my life.

Matthew 6:28-34
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock, God does care about the small stuff to. What a boost that i needed! thanks for sharing. your posts are so uplifting. Keep it up, you are making a differance, (even though you think you aren't) what seems to you like a silly insignificant thing to post about could very well change someones day, week, year, life. If you think to write it, do it. God just just might be using it for some other purpose.... Loves ya.

Liisa said...

Thanks Leanne!You are such an enouragement to me!

Loves Ya!
Liisa