Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back To Bite Me On The Bum


Repeatedly in God's Word He warns about our tongues, about the things we say and how we act. I can vouch for how valuable that advice is. Have you ever had something you've said or done "come back to bite you on the bum?" Pardon the phrase, it is one of my Nanny's that has been popping into my mind alot lately as I have been experiencing alot of this. It is all over one incident 3 months ago when I spoke and acted without thought, based purely on the emotion of the moment. I apologized to the one I may have offended and repeatedly apologized to my Hubby for my actions. Unfortunately it seems some gossips have gotten a hold of this and blew it all completely out of proportion and it keeps coming back relentlessly to bite me on the bum!

How I wish I had kept my mouth shut and walked away no matter how hurt and upset I was at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?

Here is some of what God tells us about this.

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

Proverbs 21:23
He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.

Proverbs 14:29
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: