Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year



Yesterday I went shopping with my sister and our friend. It was a really nice day and we were all able to pick up the things we needed for celebrations last night, then it was home for a busy time of preparations for the night ahead!

I made some feta fingers which were yummy but so unhealthy! I also prepared chip dip, stuffed mushrooms,feta stuffed cherry tomatoes and made up plates of chocolates and cookies as well and making up a cheese tray....it's a good thing one of my resolutions is to eat healthier - I will need to after the things I ate last night ~smile~

We stayed home and celebrated with another couple that we are good friends with. It was a lot of fun. We played Cranium and a couple of trivia games and ate way too much!
The only down part of the evening was that my son opted to spend New Years at his girlfriend's house in a near by town. It was the first New Year's Eve we have spent without him since he was born. I was a little sad and can see that it was the first of many we will be apart for. We did talk on the phone though. ~sigh~ Where do the years go? If you have little ones at home I encourage you to cherish every moment you have with them.

Today has been off to a slow start as we were up WAY past our bedtime and didn't turn in until almost three. When we got up I made a mushroom, green onion and cheddar omelet for my hubby while he went to pick up our son and now hubby is off to work and my son just finished snow blowing the driveway. We got a lot of snow through the early morning hours and it is still coming down.

This afternoon I will be making a pork roast, mashed potatoes, turnip and carrots, corn and some fresh bread for dinner. My sister and her children, my mother in law and I believe several of my son's friends will be joining us for dinner. We would normally have turkey or ham for New Year's dinner but in the interest of being frugal we opted to use what we already had in the freezer.

I have quite a bit to get done so I better get at it. I also hope to spend some time reflecting on the year past and planning for the one ahead. I would like to go over my resolutions and the steps I need to take to make them a reality as well.

I pray God will be with you and bless you in the coming year.

Blessings,
Liisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Liisa!

Love,

Glenys

Liisa said...

Thank you Glenys!

With love,
Liisa