Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Little Monkeys and Getting More Done


Three of my little monkeys are back today! I missed them a lot and have really been enjoying my day with them. This morning we went outside and "colored the snow". I took some condiment bottles (the squeeze kind) and filled them with water that I had added some food coloring to. Our snowbanks out front are very pretty now. ~smile~

Then we went for our walk and got some errands done, had lunch and now they are just getting up from nap.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to get more done each day. In order to do this I decided that I would need to limit my computer time to nap time in the afternoon. This will prevent me from getting carried away. Today was the first day and actually I did go online to do the email Bible study I send to some other ladies, but that was it. I did that and walked away. Do you know what happened? I got SO much done this morning. Things were not at all stressful and I have felt happy and relaxed all day. I think this comes from knowing that so much is done and behind me already. I should say that I previously did not just sit around and surf the net while my house went to the wolves around me but I did have a nasty habit of just popping on for a minute while I had a cup of coffee or thinking I'd just pop on and look up something, the computer is conveniently located right next to the kitchen. These little pop-ons must have really added up!

This morning I ironed the bedding and a skirt, made dinner for tonight and also the meal for tomorrow night (I thought I would be away all day tomorrow and wanted to have dinner ready for the guys), made a loaf of bread, cleaned the house, made scrambled eggs, toast and pancakes for my son and his friend that stayed over night. Got all the dishes done, looked after three little girls and several other things before it was time for our morning walk. Wow!

So now it is 3:30 and I have my dinner ready, the pots etc. washed, dried and away so all I will have to wash up is the plates etc.after dinner and I will be able to get some work for the church done tonight as well as some other tasks I haven't had time for.

All in all it has been a great day. I hope yours has been too!

Blessings,
Liisa

No comments: